Before care* at GSA begins at 6:00 in the morning, Monday through Friday. The children play games and eat their breakfast if necessary. At 8:05 they are dismissed to their classrooms. Aftercare begins at 3:30. Once dismissal has been completed, students are checked in. They then have a 15 minute snack time.
After their snacks, the students have a homework and silent reading time for about 20 minutes. One staff member will read to the younger students, while the other two will help students with their homework as needed. They then move on to a group activity for another 20-30 minutes. This could be a special art project or a fun science kit. If the gym is available we will go and run around, shoot hoops, jump rope, and play some games. If weather permits, you’ll find us out on the field, soaking up the sun and getting some built-up energy out. Otherwise, the students will have free time in the cafeteria to play games, relax, or just hang out. The day is over by 6:00, when the aftercare ends and all students have gone home.
- 3:30 -3:50pm snack time
- 3:50-4:30pm homework/silent reading time
- 4:30-5:00pm group activity time
- 5:00-6pm free time to play games
- If the gym is available we will be going there to get some energy out after snack time, then progress into homework/reading time, etc.
- If the weather permits we will be outside on the playground getting some energy out after snack time.
Contact info for daycare people